2014 Curbside Brush Pick-Up
The individual collection zones can be seen in the below 6 maps. Please click the links to see which zone you are in.
Brush pickup is scheduled for the week of April 7 and August 18.
Brush pickup is scheduled for the week of April 14 and August 25.
Brush pickup is scheduled for the week of April 21 and September 2.
Brush pickup is scheduled for the week of April 28 and September 8.
Brush pickup is scheduled for the week of May 5 and September 15.
Brush pickup is scheduled for the week of May 12 and September 22.
1. Please have all brush out at the curb by 7:00 A.M. on Monday morning. We cannot guarantee a specific day that we will pickup brush in any given area.
2. We can only pick up tree trimmings of 4" in diameter or less. Residents must remove branches from tree trunks. (Recommendation: Residents with branches larger than 4" in diameter should contract a tree service for removal.)
3. Please avoid placing short pieces of heavy wood, such as fire wood, for pickup. Wood of this size jams the chipping equipment.
4. Small items, suc as hedge trimmings, along with vines, long grasses, yard debris, and fence posts should be put in your garbage container and placed out for your weekly York Waste trash pickup.
5. Do not tie branches into bundles or place them in trash cans or garbage bags for us to pick up. Again, you should dispose of them with your weekly York Waste pick up.
6 We are not able to grind wood with any metal attached to it. (Example: wire, nails, etc.)
7. The longer hte branch the better it is for workers to handle and place into the chipper.
8. Please stack branches neatly at the curbside with cut ends facing toward the road.
9. Do not make your brush pile higher than three (3) feet or place branches in a pile wider than ten (10) feet. The limit is one (1) pile per house.
10. We will not pick up contractors' branch piles. This service is for residents of the Township only.
11. Whole trees will nto be taken. If you cut down a tree or have one cut down, it will be your responsibility to dispose of it.
12. If it appears that hte brush did not come from the residence it is piled in front of, it will not be picked up. For example, your friends or relatives cannot bring their tree limbs to your house for pickup.
13. We cannot drive onto private roads, driveways or yards due to liability issues.
14. When we visit your neighborhood and we do not pick up your branches, we will leave you a note explaining why we could not pick them up.
15. Roots and stumps must be cut off and placed in a separate pile. Stumps over 50 pounds will not be taken.
16. Garbage bags and trashcans full of debris will not be accepted.
17. In accordance with Chapter 233-20 of the Township code, "The placement of brush and yard waste to be collected by Township employees as part of the Township's brush recycling program or by an other person on Township streets for a period of more than seven days shall be prohibited."
Please keep in mind: Any small clippings, yard or tree debris that appears as though they have been raked up will not be taken (examples include: arborvitae clippings, vines, sawdust, etc.). Not only will the vines become tangled in the chipper, but if items were raked up, there is a good possibility that stones are included in the pile. This will damage the chipping equipment and produce potentially dangerous projectiles for the crew members. Please bag all this type of debris and set it out with your trash.