Thursday, 16 October 2008 18:41
2013 Curbside Brush Pick-Up and Drop-Off Schedule
Brush Drop-off - will be available the First and Third Saturday of the month in May, June, July and August from 7:00 am to 11:00 am in the Township parking lot next to the public works garage.
Residents must present a photo ID with name and address as proof of residency at the time of drop-off.
In addition to Township brush pickups and drop-offs listed above,
The Trash Company will pick up brush weekly throughout the year.
The brush MUST be cut into four foot lengths, tied, and must be of a size that can be easily handled by one man. One bundle per week is permitted and will count as one refuse container.
Brush Pick-up- Brush pickup is scheduled for the week of April 8th and September 9th. Brush should be out for the Township to pick up by 7am April 8th and 7am September 9th. We will make one pass through the Township, if you do not have your brush out it will be your responsibility to dispose of it.
1. Please have all brush out at the curb by 7am the first day of pick up. The crew will start at one end of the Township and work their way to the other end until one pass is completed. WE CANNOT GIVE YOU A SPECIFIC DAY WHEN PICKUP WILL TAKE PLACE IN ANY GIVEN AREA.
2. Tree trimmings up to four inches in diameter will be picked up. Branches must be removed from tree trunks. Residents with branches larger than four inches in diameter should call a tree service.
3. No metal in wood.
4. Longer branches are preferred, as they are easier to handle and put into the chipper.
Stack all brush at the curb with the cut ends out.
5. PILES HIGHER THAN THREE FEET AND LONGER THAN TEN FEET WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. ONLY ONE PILE PER HOUSE.
6. Vines, long grasses, yard debris, small clippings from hedges or bushes, old building materials and fence post will NOT be taken. These should be placed out for the trash company.
7. No contractors can leave brush for the Township to pick up.
8. If it appears the brush did not come from the residence it is piled in front of, it will not be picked up.
9. Roots and stumps must be cut off and placed in a separate pile.
10. Fire wood or wood cut in to fire wood length will not be taken.
11. Garbage bags and trash cans full of debris will not be accepted. We cannot see what is in them.
12. Whole trees will not be taken. If you cut down a tree or have someone cut down a tree it will be your responsibility to dispose of it.
13. Because of our insurance, we cannot go onto private roads, driveways or yards.
14. The Township will not accept anything that was raked or looks like it was raked. This can be put out with the trash.
15. In accordance with Chapter 233-20, of the Township Code, “The placement of brush and yard waste to be collected by Township employees as part of the Township’s brush recycling program or by any other persons on Township streets for a period of more than seven days shall be PROHIBITED.”
Last Updated ( Wednesday, 26 June 2013 10:47 )